Full-time | IT Manager
The Help Desk/Reprographics Specialist role includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end user help requests. Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, as well as require that the individual give in-person, hands-on help at the desktop level. This position also staffs our reprographics room and handles the plotting of all drawings and external publications requests.
- Configuration and deployment of all new PC hardware and software platforms
- Install, configure and secure mobile devices such as IPADs and IPhones
- Perform diagnostics, problem identification and respond to user problems, follow up on initial problem report and maintain logs that document all issues.
- Escalate complex problems to Network Administrator and/or Network Engineer and track problems through resolution.
- Utilize an automated trouble ticket and reporting system
- Help update and revise Wikipedia documentation for IS department
- Train computer users when necessary
- Log all Help Desk interactions
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Computer troubleshooting and hardware repairs
- Assist in the trouble-shooting and fault isolation of all systems
- Perform other necessary functions as directed by the Network Administrator, Network Engineer or IS Manager.
- Maintain printers, copiers and plotters assigned to “Publications Room”
- Receive, prepare and process all external publications jobs
- Finish publications jobs as requested to include laminating, binding, cutting, drilling, stapling, hole- punching, sorting, packaging, etc…
Education & Experience
- Basic computer networking skills
- Knowledge of computer hardware
- Knowledge of networking basics
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Ability to learn quickly and retain information
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- CompTIA Network+
- The ability to bend, squat, crawl or climb 30-40% of the time and lift up to 50 pounds
- Able to see, hear well (either naturally or with correction) and speak clearly.
- Also includes: sitting, standing and bending; repetitive motions of hands and wrists due to frequent computer use
- Able to work extended hours depending on project needs