Full-Time | Director of Project Management
The Project Manager II confidently ensures all project management responsibilities for assigned projects are completed efficiently, professionally and on schedule. They are recognized as a vital, trustworthy and cooperative member of the Project Management Team, and seen as a source for training and mentorship by less experienced Project Managers. The PM II seeks and receives continued training in order to build technical and managerial strength in the HVAC Design/Build industry and are seen by their project team as the key project player that results in successful projects.
- Develop proposals, estimates and project cost standards (budgets); the PM II is expected to be 100% responsible for the financial health of the projects they manage
- Estimate costs and pursue change orders for variations in scope and impacts to PSF productivity ∙ The PM II is the focal point for dissemination of project information to ensure that all project team members (internal and external) receive the necessary information and documentation to performed assigned roles
- Prepare monthly cost management reports that demonstrate project performance and forecast relative to schedule and cost
- Schedule and conduct a Lessons Learned meeting upon project completion to critically review project performance, analyze problem areas, determine corrective action items and identify ways to prevent reoccurrence on future projects. Additionally, send project survey to the direct and indirect customers for their evaluation of the PSF project team.
- Maintain ongoing communication with the GC/Customer and other trades on the project to ensure effective coordination of work, consistent interpretation of project specifications and obligations, and a clear understanding of responsibilities among related trades
- Represent the Company at project meetings and maintain clear communication with the customer throughout the duration of the project
- Prepare and maintain project documents such as (but not limited to) Material Requisition Logs, Impact Logs, Change Order Logs, project correspondence, and project close-out documentation. ∙ Issue and receive RFIs in order to clarify and confirm specific project requirements or enhancements, and distribute to the project team and subcontractors
- Monitor and track project progress and activities; conduct regular, scheduled meetings with the PSF project team to review progress, coordination efforts, anticipate problems, and take corrective action to resolve conflicts
- Work with vendors and PSF Purchasing Department to procure equipment and materials for assigned projects
- Develop base line mechanical schedules from start of MEP to Commissioning and closeout documentation with the assistance of the production team
- Represent PSF Mechanical in a professional manner in all dealings with owners, architects, vendors, other design professionals and contractors
- Travel to attend meetings and perform project surveys on projects in the Puget Sound Region.
- Seek and engage in continued training in order to build technical and managerial strength in the HVAC Design/Build industry
- Other duties as assigned
Desired Skills and Experience
- Able to successfully manage multiple HVAC/Plumbing projects in different stages of completion simultaneously
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010 Products. Word, Excel, and Outlook are a requirement
- Fundamental understanding of mechanical and plumbing system design, control systems, and equipment operation is essential
- Strong sense of urgency, organized, and the ability to prioritize multiple requests at a time from both internal and external clients
- Knowledgeable of equipment selection procedures, including the layout of equipment with required clearances and good design practices
- Able to read architectural, structural and mechanical plan and be familiar with a variety of HVAC systems and terminology
- Possess strong verbal, written, analytical, persuasion and interpersonal skills ∙ Proficient in reading and understanding construction documents (plans, specifications, contracts, RFIs, ASIs, etc.)
- Familiar with applicable international, state, and local codes
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision or in a team atmosphere with the ability to adapt to multiple and varied responsibilities
- A working knowledge of SharePoint and Bluebeam Revu software would be considered an advantage
- Requires firm understanding of contract language, terms, and fee structures
- 5+ years of experience in engineering or construction is required
- 3+ years of experience as a Project Manager, Project Engineer, or equivalent role is required
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Construction Management or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- A valid license and clean driving record are required
- Able to see, hear well (either naturally or with correction) and speak clearly
- Also includes: sitting, standing and bending; repetitive motions of hands and wrists due to frequent computer use; must be able to sit at a computer or workstation for extended periods
- Able and willing to travel
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 25 pounds
- Able to work in all weather conditions
- Physical ability to climb ladders and walk construction jobsites on uneven terrain
- Must be capable of working extended hour days when job/business needs demand
- Type: Full-Time
- Experience: Mid-level
- Compensation: Salary; we offer competitive wages based on skills and experience, excellent benefits package including: Paid Time Off (PTO), medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with match, pre- tax HSA and FSA accounts, and more. This position is exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Equal Opportunity Employment
PSF Mechanical, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed within are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All qualified applicants should send their resume to email@example.com for consideration.