Full Time | Director of Project Management
The Senior Project Manager effectively executes complex projects, trains and mentors less experienced project managers and is generally recognized as a leader within the company. The Senior Project Manager may function as an Account Executive from time to time, and is heavily involved in supporting the sales team during the Pre-Construction Phase of project evolution. She/he is expected to meet performance standards set by management and to comply with all company policies and procedures.
- The Senior PM is responsible for the direction, training, and mentoring of Project managers assigned under them and of upholding PSF standards in the execution of their duties.
- Assist sales team as needed in presentations and negotiation of proposals, estimating, and the review and administration of approved contracts. The Senior PM may also act as the Sales Executive for major projects when appropriate.
- Develop proposals, estimates and project cost standards (budgets). The Senior PM is expected to be 100% responsible for the financial health of the projects he/she manages.
- Estimate costs and pursue change orders for variations in scope and impacts to PSF productivity.
- The Project Manager is to be the focal point for dissemination of project information to ensure that all project team members (internal and external) receive the necessary information and documentation to performed assigned roles.
- Prepare monthly cost management reports that demonstrate project performance and forecast relative to schedule and cost.
- Schedule and conduct a Lessons Learned meeting upon project completion to critically review project performance, analyze problem areas, determine corrective action items and identify ways to prevent reoccurrence on future projects. Also work with Marketing to survey the direct and indirect customers for their evaluation of the PSF project team.
- Must be proficient in reading and understanding construction documents (plans, specifications, contracts, RFIs, ASIs, etc.)
- Should be familiar with applicable international, state, and local codes
- Requires firm understanding of contract language, terms, and fee structures.
- Fundamental understanding of mechanical and plumbing system design, control systems, and equipment operation is essential.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, and Outlook) is required ∙ Demonstrated track record of successful projects and satisfied customer references ∙ Capable of managing mechanical projects ranging from $500,000 to $10,000,000 plus in size, with the ability to manage multiple projects at a time
- Able to read architectural, structural and mechanical plan and be familiar with a variety of HVAC systems and terminology
- Strong sense of urgency and ability to prioritize multiple requests at a time from both internal and external clients
- Knowledge of Bluebeam Revu software would be considered an advantage
- Able to quickly learn organizational structure and the objectives of the team
- Strong organizational and communication skills, team-orientated philosophy, and problem solving skills
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision or in a team atmosphere with the ability to adapt to multiple and varied responsibilities
- Able to effectively interact with customers, technicians, sales, office and field personnel at all levels of an organization
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, persuasion and interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or similar work experience
- Minimum eight to ten years’ experience in mechanical engineering or construction and familiar with a variety of HVAC and plumbing system designs
- Valid WA State Driver’s License and clean driving record required
- Able to see, hear well (either naturally or with correction) and speak clearly
- Also includes: sitting, standing and bending; repetitive motions of hands and wrists due to frequent computer use; must be able to sit at a computer or workstation for extended periods
- Coordinate the movement of your eyes, hands, and fingers
- Able to climb ladders and walk in uneven terrain
- Able to work in all weather conditions
- Able and willing to travel to different job sites
- Must be capable of working extended hour days when job/business needs demand
- Type: Full-Time
- Experience: Senior-level
- Location: Seattle
- Compensation: Salary; we offer competitive wages based on skills and experience, excellent benefits package including: Paid Time Off (PTO), medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with match, pre tax HSA and FSA accounts, and more. This position is exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Equal Opportunity Employment
PSF Mechanical, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed within are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All qualified applicants should send their resume to email@example.com for consideration.