Full-time | VDC Manager
The Virtual Design Construction Drafter produces drawings from sketches and marked-up prints provided by different technical sources, to include Project Managers, Project Design Engineers and Production personnel. It is the responsibility of the drafter to make sure the drawings reflect the customer’s requests while still meeting the standards of construction.
- Create design drawings, details, sheet sets, project setup, and other various VDC duties using Autocad Fabrication CADMEP and Revit.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of standard building permit drawings.
- Creation of construction details on a site by site basis as required by the modification system and engineering specifications.
- Resolve drawing discrepancies by collecting and analyzing information through collaboration with other project managers, engineers and drafters representing other trades.
- Assist in a quality control and quality assurance program of all drawing packages, standards, and systems. Ensures and verifies specifications to engineering and design standards.
- Create modification drawings and detailing packages for HVAC mechanical systems.
- Organize, file and maintain all project drawings and paperwork connected with your duties.
- Seek and receive continued training in order to build technical and managerial strength in the HVAC Design/Build industry.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Level 1 VDC Drafter – Associates degree and/or work experience of at least 1 year. Entry level position that requires basic AutoCAD knowledge and some HVAC and plumbing knowledge.
- Level 2 VDC Drafter – Associates degree and/or work experience of at least 4 years. Senior level position that requires advanced AutoCAD, Revit, HVAC, and plumbing knowledge.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010 Products, i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook are a requirement.
- Able to work well independently and as part of a team.
- Able to effectively respond to internal and external customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Organized and able to prioritize multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
- Experience such as Navisworks and Autodesk Fabrication CadMEP a plus.
- A working knowledge of SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat, and Bluebeam Revu software would be considered an advantage.
- Able to participate in job walk-throughs which include climbing ladders, squatting and other similar physical demands in a wide variety of weather conditions.
- Able to see, hear well (either naturally or with correction) and speak clearly.
- Also includes: sitting, standing and bending; repetitive motions of hands and wrists due to frequent computer use.
- Able to work extended hours depending on project need.