Reports to Sales Manager
PSF Mechanical is a full-service commercial mechanical construction firm that has been building Seattle for over 100 years. We believe in providing a wide variety of services to our clients, allowing for complete coverage of all mechanical needs, specializing in the design, fabrication, installation, and maintenance of mechanical and plumbing and piping systems, from retail to office, biotech, and high-rise residential.
About the Role
The Project Executive will be responsible for attracting and procuring construction opportunities with both new and existing customers. This is achieved through building and maintaining exceptional relationships, effective communication, and meeting project performance expectations.
- Support and be a contributor to the sales planning effort that provides the direction necessary to obtain our goals in the various construction and service project market
- Learn and become proficient in PSF estimating methodology and tools, electronic file storage system (Bluebeam), project management methods and tools, basic engineering and design activities, and other necessary activities and tasks
- Successfully identify, create, and maintain long-term relationship-centered clients
- Be engaged and provide leadership throughout a construction project’s life cycle
- Produce professional and timely proposals, budgets, estimates, site studies and other activities necessary to win targeted project opportunities
- Achieve sales volume and margin goals as identified by sales management
- Support PSF’s overall sales and marketing efforts and teams
- Develop a positive working relationship with service sales and operations, construction sales, estimating, engineering, accounting, production and other PSF departments and staff
- Identify business opportunities by identifying prospects and evaluating their position in the industry, researching, and analyzing sales options.
- Sell products and recommend solutions by establishing contacts and developing exceptional relationships with prospects
- Provide support, information, guidance, and knowledge to ensure client satisfaction
- Recommend new opportunities, as well as recommending profit and service improvements
- Identify product improvements or new products by remaining knowledgeable and current on industry trends, market activities, and competitor advantages
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, benchmarking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies
- Support or lead miscellaneous projects or tasks as needed or as assigned by sales management
- Uphold quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Mentor and train new or entry-level personnel
- Be a positive and active contributor to PSF’s core values of Excellence, Advocacy, Collaboration, Integrity, and Safety
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated track record of successful projects and satisfied customer references
- Capable of managing mechanical projects ranging from $500,000 to $5,000,000 plus in size/value
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 2010 Products. Word, Excel, and Outlook are a requirement
- A working knowledge of SharePoint, Adobe Acrobat, and Bluebeam Revu software would be considered an advantage
- Able to read architectural, structural, and mechanical plans, and be familiar with a variety of HVAC systems and terminology
- Able to sell and manage multiple and varied projects at the same time
- Strong organizational, analytical skills, and communication skills, team-orientated philosophy, and effective problem-solving skills
- Able to effectively interact with customers, technicians, sales, office, and field personnel at all levels of an organization
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, persuasion and interpersonal skills
- Able to consistently set goals and meet deadlines
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision or in a team atmosphere with the ability to adapt to multiple and varied responsibilities
- Possess qualities of an innovative thinker and team leader
- Project a positive image of the company and herself/himself to customers
- Have an excellent attendance record at prior employment
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or similar work experience
- Minimum five years’ experience in mechanical engineering or construction
- A valid license and clean driving record are required
- Ability to see, hear well (either naturally or with correction) and speak clearly
- Must be able to meet physical requirements that include, but are not limited to, sitting, standing, gross & fine manipulation, climbing ladders, crawling attic and other small access spaces and heavy lifting
- Comfortable navigating heights and unclean spaces
- Must be capable of working extended hour days when job/business needs demands
Salary + Commissions; we offer competitive wages based on skillset and experience. Excellent benefits package including Paid Time Off (PTO), medical, dental, vision, 401(k) with match, pre-tax HSA and FSA accounts. This position is exempt from the provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Equal Opportunity Employment
PSF Mechanical, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed within are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.