Madigan Army Medical Center
- Tacoma, WA
- Service client since 2016
Located on Joint Base Lewis-McChord, the Madigan Army Medical Center is a 1,200,000 square foot, nine-story building. Originally opening in 1944, it is the Army’s second largest medical facility serving over 100,000 active duty and retired service members and their families, and one of only three designated Level II trauma centers in Army Medicine. The medical center has received over 1,000,000 patient visits each year and maintains approximately 220 patient beds for inpatient use.
When a need for facility upgrades were found, PSF Mechanical worked closely with hospital staff and the general contractor to replace all 3,071 VAV terminal units throughout the entire, multi-building, occupied facility. To avoid disruption to the 24-hour hospital operations, patients, and to keep pressurization intact, the new DDC-controlled VAV terminal units were installed at night and were operational the following morning. All associated sheet metal, piping, and insulation work was self-performed by PSF, as well as the coordination of the recycling of the old VAV boxes.
- Owner U.S. Army Corp of Engineers
- General Contractor Johnson Controls, Inc.
- Mechanical Johnson Controls, Inc.